Hotel Akumal Caribe
Carrete Puerto Juarez
Tulum kilometro 104
Akumal, Mexico 77737
52 984 875 9012
Getting to Akumal is not complicated and there are several ways to go about it.
- Take a taxi – This is reliable and private (about $120 USD one way).
- Take a shuttle van – It stops at various places, but costs about $35 USD per person.
- By car – Prebooking is necessary with any of the major car rental agencies.
- Book a private transfer – We recommend Nayeli’s Tour Desk.
- By bus – From the airport you can take a bus to Playa del Carmen and from there another bus or a minivan that will drop you off at the overpass to Akumal. Just let the driver know to stop in Akumal.
- Turn right at the fork indicating road to Tulum. (Heading south).
- Pass Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras.
- After Puerto Aventuras (you will be going over an overpass), continue driving for 15 KMs (10 miles) till the next pedestrian overpass and the bridge. Pass UNDER the bridge and make a U TURN at the first sign that says RETORNO (about 150 meters / 170 yards).
- After making a u-turn, you are now heading back towards Cancun. Just as you get to the bridge make a right.
- Go straight until you see the white archway. The front office of Hotel Akumal Caribe is right under the archway on the right.
- Parking for check-in is available to your right just before passing under the arches.